Monday, January 19, 2015

1.14.15: A Completely Normal Day

I realized a few years ago that most days are fairly ordinary. There are usually good or bad days. Of course, amazing/outrageous/terrible things can happen at any time. But, for the most part, such things do not happen. January 14, 2015 is an example of such a day.

I hope I’m not coming across as pessimistic so far, because I’m not. However, nothing remotely interesting happened to me today. The only thing out of place with today is the fact that classes started back up at Avila University, so I had to wake up earlier than I had been during winter break. Other than that, I had a fairly normal day. I woke up, got ready for class, drove to campus, went to class, drove home, went back to campus for my second class, drove back home, went to work, and now I’m sitting at my desk at home, writing this blog.

To put this into a better perspective, I’ll tell you the craziest things that happened to me today. The worst thing about my day was that I accidentally brushed my teeth before I drank my orange juice this morning. The best thing that happened to me is that I finished the third season of Bob’s Burgers on Netflix. Again. The most interesting thing that happened was I found out there's a new character on Glee who looks similar to me. And the most exciting thing about today was I filled my minivan with gas for thirty dollars instead of the normal sixty. 

As you can tell, I didn’t have a very exciting day. I wasn’t randomly given a hundred dollars. I wasn’t able to randomly give someone a hundred dollars. I didn’t get a concussion. I didn’t get arrested. I didn’t get a new tattoo. I didn’t die. I didn’t fall in or out of love. I didn’t lose a loved one. I didn’t get a book published. Today was completely and utterly normal.


I’m sure someone reading this had an amazing encounter today that will make them remember the date “January 14, 2015” forever. But personally, I’ll probably forget everything that happened today in less than a week.

This is a photo of my roomate Snapchatting while we were supposed to be working


Noah Guthrie, "Rodrick" from the new season of Glee. Today at work, my boss told me that I look and sound like him.




No comments:

Post a Comment